Women’s Olympic Boxing Day 2 Live Results
The quarter-finals of the first ever Olympic Women’s boxing tournaments start today with world #1 Lightweight Katie Taylor of Ireland, and the Team USA’s Marlen Esparza (flyweight) and Claressa Shields (middleweight) will all step into the Olympic boxing ring for the first time.
A win today will guarantee at least a bronze medal and will make them one step closer to Olympic gold.
- Ren Cancan (CHN) def. Elena Savelyeva (RUS) 12-7
- Marlen Esparza (USA) def. Karlha Magliocco (VEN) 24-16
- Mary Kom (IND) def. Maroua Rahali (TUN) 15-6
- Nicola Adams (GBR) def. Stoyka Petrova (BUL) 16-7
- Katie Taylor (IRL) def. Natasha Jonas (GBR) 26-15
- Mavzuna Choriyeva (TJK) def. Dong Cheng (CHN) 13-8
- Adriana Araujo (BRA) def. Mahjouba Oubtil (MAR) 16-12
- Sofya Ochigava (RUS) def. Alexis Pritchard (NZL) 22-4
- Marina Volnova (KAZ) def. Savannah Marshall (GBR) 16-12
- Claressa Shields (USA) de. Anna Laurell (SWE) 18-14
- Li Jinzi (CHN) def. Mary Spenser (CAN) 17-14
- Nadezda Torlopova (RUS) def. Edith Ogoke (NGR) 18-8